Post with 1 note
This past month has been strange. I’ve been noticing myself turn into what can only be called an adult, and I’m a little conflicted on how that makes me feel.
can you blog more? please! or we could communicate more often. or both. i miss you!
Post with 2 notes
Oh my god you’ve started /baking/ that’s how domestic you are now wow
Uhh I’ve definitely been baking since middle school… just never made pie crust before is all
Post with 5 notes
1. So I spent an entire day learning about body types, which was halfway ridiculous and very frustrating but then it suddenly clicked and I had an actual reason for liking and disliking pieces of clothing in my closet. It all makes sense now?! And I have a much better idea of how and what to shop for as soon as I get some moneyzzz
2. I think I’m committing to run a half marathon in July… I’ve been training for the past couple of weeks but I’m just realizing that if I follow the training schedule that’s been laid out for me I might actually be ready by the end of July
3. I MADE A PIE I MADE A PIE I MADE A PIE (actually it was a galette). I’ve been wanting to attempt pie dough for at least a few months now but I decided Pi day was the day… and then I got scared again. BUT I DID IT YESTERDAY AND IT WAS AWESOME. THANKS MEG.
Life-sized Elephant from one Piece of Paper by Origami Artist Sipho Mabona
You may not have heard of Jonathan Hoefler or Tobias Frere-Jones but you’ve seen their work. Before their recent split, they collectively ran the most successful and well respected type design studio in the world, creating fonts used by everyone from the Wall Street Journal to the President of the United States.
Font Men, gives a peek behind the curtain into the world of Jonathan and Tobias. Tracking the history of their personal trajectories, sharing the forces that brought them together and giving an exclusive look at the successful empire they built together.
This is ridiculously interesting, especially considered they split soon after this must have been filmed, and it’s super dramatic
I became the man who wore a sanitary pad.
That lens makes your apartment look clean
When I look down at this golden statue may it remind me and every little child that no matter where you’re from, your dreams are valid.
Post with 2 notes
1. Rohan and I have signed the lease for an apartment. It’s in the Portola District of San Francisco and it’s on top of a huge fucking hill. Like, I’m not even kidding around when I tell you that if I trip I could roll a quarter mile down the street. It makes for a great view. The bedrooms are minuscule, but there are two! A place for y’all to crash!
2. I’m considering two design bootcamps that will take place over the next few months. I have a lot of feelings about which one to pick. It’s probably best I don’t hash that out on the internet though…
3. I also might sign up for this thing that will help me run a half marathon in 24 weeks?
4. Also I’m currently (willfully) unemployed, and although I saved up a considerable amount of money while I was miserable in Phoenix, I’m blowing through it pretty quickly.
5. But in general, my life these days consists of free play in a way I haven’t experienced since I was in preschool.
Feel free to weigh in on any of my life choices as I’m paralyzed by indecision. Why are replies only enabled when I end my post in a question mark?
Stuff happens, occasionally.
Well done, xkcd. View the full “Frequency” comic here, it’s truly mesmerizing. I had no idea there were so many Sagittarii named Amelia who were fans of carbonated beverages.
Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to continue waiting for my turn signal to synchronize with that of a stranger’s, longing for that unspoken, unknown connection, that most universal element of the human experience.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
Post with 3 notes
Today has been successful because I drove a stick shift on the highway for the first time and I revamped the signature I’ve been using since I was ten.
Photoset with 3 notes
So I went to Boston a couple of weeks ago and it mostly it was really, really cold. Like, I used to think that once it was below 30 it’s just cold and it’s all the same but when we landed it was 5 degrees and after that 20 just felt downright warm.
Page 1 of 22